Thursday, April 16, 2009

From UPA to NDA and back in 18 hrs

Well I have always been a staunch supporter of one powerful political party ruling at the centre and against NDA because I am never comfortable picturing the state of the country and the "minorities",a term which I always use with reservations,with them at the helm .(not in the context of the Political offering which people of this section are offered)

Hmmm .. That leaves me favouring the Congress and the UPA .I have always fought with myself trying to convince why I shouldn't be so tough on the BJP given that they have a selfless leader in A.B.Vajpayee ,but I couldn't stop thinking "What after him or without him ?"
And the aftermath of the Godhra riots, I was convinced I can never be able to bring myself to perform an action which would contribute towards establishing a Government which features some of the BJP leaders .
BUt then there was a sudden tilt and all it required was a 30 min talk by a very knowledgeable and learned man and he gave me 3 reasons why I shouldn't be voting for the UPA .
1) Their role and acceptance in experimenting with Genetically modified food in India .He pictured it as Indians being used as Guinea pigs and at that juncture it struck my stupid brain very hard.
2)The second reason was one of the most absurd ones and I find it unfit for mentioning it here even though I would laugh at myself for taking it seriously without even verifying untill Ricky kicked me back to senses .
3) THe third was one when Sonia declared her net worth to be 1.38 Crore Rs.
By all means , Sonia can think herself to be the smartest woman in the world , but the amount of insult that statement would have caused to all the sane humane beings in this wide country .
I mean , how can she expect us to buy it.
Any way then ensued a short conversation with Ricky on why NDA would be a better option and he just took 10 mins to smash my new found wisdom .
He explained how genetically modified food experimentation is a sort of back office deal in return for the Nuclear deal that NDA too would have no choice but to go ahead with it . And he blasted me to even have given thought to the second ridiculous reason while the third , nothing much can be done about it . Pretty soon Lalu announced his net worth around 3-4 crores .

So am back to sticking with the UPA alliance for the primary reason that Dr.Manmohan Singh is their Prime Ministerial candidate and I strongly believe that given the uncertain economy and recession period looming large only he and his team are well equipped to steer India through these troubled times .

3 comments:

Haarish said...

The mere mention of the saffron brigade's PM candidate and I can't fathom the aftermath! If our brains were to work half as much as our arse's then we'd stick with Dr. Singh and hope he bails us out of these uncertain times, something the BJP hasn't started thinking about. And the talk of bringing coloured money (well, they should come to a consensus on the colour of the money by the end of the elections!) from Swiss banks to India(apparently a lot of these accounts have Congress affiliations), they said the same thing about nailing the accused of the bofors pay-offs in the 1999 campaign and the rest is history!

King Bell said...

If u have decided not to vote for BJP merely for the godhra riots then u have to think twice.Go back to 80's and the congress have their own version of Godhra riots the massacre of the sikhs after the death of indira gandhi.Probably since u were not in that period u wudnt have realised the extent of damage the communal riots has caused

Chez said...

Dude .. its not just Godhra ..Did u hear Varun Gandhi's speech .. He talks about slaying the muslims in a public meeting .. now what if he gets elected and for once a politician practices what he preaches ? India would be worse than Pak . The intolerance and the Hindutva that they are obsessed with is what is bugging me .. Agreed Babar destroyed and built a mosque long ago .. but that was ages back when people were fanatics .... but even in this age where we cant even trace out his decendents they carry the grudge even though none of they were directly present at that point of time and era ... THey still have Ram Mandhir on their agend .. and the Rath yatras ...what about those ?